YpsiFest is presented by the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival Corporation. All following references to the "YpsiFest" should be read as Ypsilanti Heritage Festival Corporation.
I acknowledge that submission of vendor application and fee payment does not guarantee admission to festival.
YpsiFest will not be responsible for any injury that may arise to exhibitors or to guests while they are within the space set aside for the exhibitor, are within the space of the exhibitor of the festival, or for loss, or damage, to any property from any cause whatsoever during the period of the YpsiFest. I have read the Rules and Regulations for the YpsiFest and I agree to abide by them. I understand that violation of said rules will cause immediate dismissal without reimbursement of paid fee.
I have read the rules and regulations of the Festival and agree to abide by them. I agree not to sell items, distribute literature, or promotional handouts, not indicated in the application and understand that violations of these rules may cause immediate dismissal without the refund of any fees. I understand that upon acceptance, all payments will be deposited.
Raffle Booths -You must obtain a State of Michigan Raffle License that states the raffle will be drawn on Sunday at 5:00pm, at the River Theater Beer Garden Stage. Please include a copy of your raffle application. You must draw raffle prior to 5pm Sunday and bring Raffle Winner’s Form provided in your Welcome Packet, to the River Theater Beer Garden Stage to be announced.
WASTE: All Vendors must dispose of their own Waste every day to the Dumpsters provided at the south end of the park.
There is no unauthorized face painting or giveaways of any kind without written festival approval
NOTE: The Washtenaw County Department of Environmental Health requires licensing of all food concessions. Any violation of their rules/regulations may result in termination of your contract, forfeiture of all monies paid to the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival and immediate expulsion from the festival site. You can contact their office at 734-222-3800 for any questions relating to health department applications, licenses, regulations, etc. or visit their website.
ELECTRIC REQUIREMENTS: You must provide your own outdoor, grounded cords free of defects. Please specify electricity need requirements above.
INSURANCE: All food concessions must submit proof of liability insurance coverage for the term of the festival of not less than $500,000 per person and $1,000,000 per occurrence. A copy of the proof of insurance naming the ‘Ypsilanti Heritage Festival Corporation' as ‘Additionally Insured’ must be sent with your contract if available. We realize that some policies will renew between now and this year’s festival. If this is the case for you then please forward the certificate to us as soon as you can once it is renewed.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Friday, Noon – 8:00 PM (11:00 PM)
Saturday, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM (11:00 PM)
Sunday, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
NOTE: The hours from 8:00 PM to 11:00PM are optional. Entertainment will be going on until approximately midnight. Food vendors must be closed and out of the park by 12:00 AM on those optional evenings.
NOTE: Water is included in your fees. You must provide your own MARINE hoses in good (non-leaking) condition. You should have approximately 200 feet in length for appropriate hook up.
MEDIA RELEASE AGREEMENT
I acknowledge any and all imagery/photography of vendor provided to YpsiFest by vendor or obtained by YpsiFest through public or private means may be used by YpsiFest for promotional purposes.
RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Ypsilanti Heritage YpsiFest Corporation (“YpsiFest”) and the City of Ypsilanti (“City”) permitting me to participate in YpsiFest, the undersigned person does hereby agree to assume all risk and liability associated with my participation in YpsiFest. I recognize and acknowledge that such risks of participation in an outdoor festival include, but are not limited to, personal injury and property damage due to crowds, vandals, traffic, inclement weather conditions, including rain; hail; lightning and wind, as well as losses related to theft. On behalf of myself, my heirs, successors and assigns, I do further agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify YpsiFest and the City, their elected officials, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or responsibility whatsoever for injury (including death) to persons and for damage to any City property, of the property of others, arising out of, or resulting from, my participation in YpsiFest. I do further hereby waive, release and discharge the YpsiFest Committee, the City, their elected officials, officer, agents and employees from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of actions, damages and liabilities resulting from or arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in YpsiFest.
VENDOR PARTICIPATION RULES & REGULATIONS
- Applications and activities will be considered on an individual basis by the YpsiFest Steering Committee and they reserve the right to refuse any group or business that does not uphold the integrity of the Festival. Late application may reduce the chances of securing space.
- All applications must include a Festival booth space permit fee. An additional fee shall be charged for use of electricity and must be requested in advance. A limited number of electrical hook-ups are available on a first come basis.
- All booth space entries shall be assigned to a standard size booth space (10’ x 10’, except Professional Food Concessionaire Vendors). Structures, displays and literature shall not extend beyond assigned areas. All materials used in the construction of, or in connection with a booth, including tents, tables and chairs, must be provided by participants. Tents must meet state fire code requirements. Booth must be completely constructed 30 minutes prior to Festival opening time and may not be removed until exhibitor closing time.
- Vehicles will be allowed to enter and unload and must be removed as soon as unloading is finished. All vehicles must be out of the Festival grounds 30 minutes prior to the opening of the Festival.
- VEHICLES CANNOT BE PARKED IN EXHIBIT AREA.
- Booths are to remain open during the festival hours and close when the festival closes (except food vendors staying open late)
- Exhibitors must agree to participate the entire three days of the Festival and be open throughout Festival scheduled hours.
- The YpsiFest Permit with applicant name must be displayed at all times.
- Applicant is prohibited from sub-contracting assigned booth space to commercial vendors or other organizations.
- Sale of items is limited to applicants with prior approval for sales of the type of merchandise being sold.
- No Sales, vending, passing out of literature, or other activity (hawking) is permitted outside of their assigned booth space. Violation of this policy is cause for removal from the Festival without refund of any fees.
- Club and Organization applicant booth space is to be used as a vehicle to publicize events, activities and projects through displays and literature distribution only, unless a raffle, sales, event or activity booth has been approved.
- If approved, only political parties registered in the State of Michigan are permitted to solicit petition signatures, lobby, and campaign or distribute inside the booth area only.
- Pets are prohibited on Festival grounds by Ypsilanti City Ordinance.
- No debris may be left behind after tearing down.
- Decisions by any YpsiFest Staff may be appealed to the Director.
- You may not dismantle your booth or exhibit until 6pm Sunday evening.
- To ensure the safety of our guests and vendors, no cars are permitted to enter the park on Sunday evening until after the 6:00pm closing, and once authorized by order of the Ypsilanti Police Chief.
- Festival Vendor Hours: Friday, August 23, Noon to 8:00 pm – Saturday, August 24, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm – Sunday, August 25, 11:00 to 6:00 pm. Note: The River Theater and Beer Garden will be open until 12:00AM. Food vendors, at their discretion may stay open until 11:00 PM on Friday and Saturday night but they must be out of the park by 12:00 AM.
- Vendor Permits: The Vendor Permits in your envelope must be displayed in your booth at all times.
Minors: Please note that children 17 years and younger are not allowed in the Festival area unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Closing the Parks Each Day: Ypsilanti Police and Festival Security will work to close the park each day. Vendor vehicles will be allowed in when the YPD deems it safe for our guests. Please be patient.
Vehicles: All Vehicles must be removed from the parks 15 minutes before the Festival opens each day. No unauthorized vehicles are allowed on the grounds during the Festival hours.
- Parking Passes: One parking pass is provided per booth space. Vendor parking is on Maple Street, just north of the Train Depot for vendors whose booths will be located on Cross Street, and at the paved entrance of Riverside Park, at Cross St. For vendors located inside Riverside Park, south of the paved entrance off cross, the will be parking along the river. The entrance for this area is off Michigan Ave, just west of Materials Unlimited. You must display your parking pass in your vehicle at all times.
Booth Removal: Booths cannot be dismantled until 6:00 pm on Sunday evening. No exceptions. Vehicles without a visible parking pass will be towed at owners expense.
- Festival Security: Festival Security will be located at each of the three entrances to Riverside Park. The Ypsilanti Police Department will have their command post on the Cross Street Bridge.
- Alcohol Sales: Alcohol will be sold during the Festival in the River Theater and Beer Garden but will not be allowed to be taken out of the fenced in area.
Huron Valley Ambulance: Huron Valley Ambulance will have personnel in a tent located at the North end of Riverside Park. If anyone requires first aid please refer them to that location.
- Weather Policy: Please review the severe weather policy that was sent to you earlier. In the event the Festival is closed, no vehicles will be allowed into the parks until the YPD deems it safe.
- Electrical Hookups: If you did not pay for electricity and you need it please contact the Festival Office
- Items Forbidden: The City’s special events ordinance section 10-288(c) prohibits the following within the special event area: dogs except service dogs, horses, farm animals, un-caged domestic animals, snakes, exotic animals, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, roller blades and glass containers. This does not apply to vendors that have approved exhibits.
- Vendor Shuttle Service: There is NO VENDOR SHUTTLE SERVICE. There is parking in close proximity for all vendors.
- Festival Contact Information: If you have questions or concerns please contact the Festival Office at 734-483-6071.
Safety and Emergency Information
- Festival Security is located at both the North and South entrances to the Park. Please go to the nearest Officer or Festival volunteer if you have any security concerns.
- The Ypsilanti Police Command Post is located inside the park. Check the map for the location. Uniformed police personnel and Reserve Officers will be patrolling the Festival grounds throughout the weekend.
- First Aid is provided by Huron Valley Ambulance, Please check the map for location. Uniformed paramedics will also be patrolling the Park.
- For medical emergencies call 911 or contact the nearest Police Officer or Festival staff member.
- Report lost children immediately to the nearest Public Safety Official or Festival staff member. Lost children will be brought to the Festival Office so that our staff may assist authorities in locating their parents.
- Should evacuation be ordered by the YPD or Festival staff, you will be notified by emergency personnel.
- Lost and found items should be turned in to the Festival Office.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- The Ypsilanti Heritage Festival will remain open during posted hours unless Festival organizers or the YPD determine inclement weather would place Festival participants in harm’s way.
- For the purpose of this policy, inclement weather may include heavy rain for long periods of time, lightning, strong winds, hail, or if conditions have made the park grounds unsafe for participants or visitors at the Festival. YPD officials may also declare the Festival closed in the event of National Weather Service severe weather warnings.
- If the Festival is declared closed, vendor vehicles will only be permitted into the Park to facilitate evacuation once guests have been evacuated and YPD officials have cleared the Park for vehicle traffic.
- Vendors and presenters are discouraged from dismantling their booths except in the case of the most severe weather. Unless conditions in the park are declared unsafe for visitors, the Festival will reopen once the severe weather passes.
- If vendors choose to dismantle their booths during inclement weather, but the Festival has not been ordered closed by organizers or public safety officials, they will not be permitted to bring vehicles onto the Festival grounds until the festival is closed, to ensure the safety of pedestrians in the Park.
- If you have any questions regarding the Inclement Weather Policy, please call 734-483-6071 or visit the Festival Office.
Violations of these rules will cause immediate dismissal without refund of any fees